Sunday, April 12, 2009

Interview on Heal the Bay

I was visiting Los Angeles and interviewed LW, a member of Heal the Bay.  It is an organization in Los Angeles that goes around and tests water in  the bay of Los Angeles and Santa Monica.  LW says that they test the water for pollution to see if it is safe for people to go swimming and to see if it is safe for the animals.

While I was there I enjoyed the beach and saw dolphins. LW says that the ocean has gotten cleaner because the city has added storm drains and they have also started to dispose of pollutants in an eco-friendly way, so they don't just wash into the ocean.  

I wonder what happens in Brooklyn to all the waste and pollutants when it rains.  Does it go into the Gowanus canal, the bay, the ocean or just the plain old street?

1 comment:

  1. I love your work! I noticed some big differences when I was in LA too. I couldn't believe I had to get into a car to do everything. Did you feel the same way? Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete